Among the most beautiful villages in Italy and the Orange Touring Club Italian flag, Locorotondo is perched on a plateau in the southeastern area of the Murri of the Trulli, in the heart of the Itria Valley, less than 10 km from Alberobello. The same name indicates the characteristic circular shape of the ancient center of the country, built around the year 1000, consisting of a collection of farmhouses built by farmers on the summit of the hill, including the typical "cummers", sloping cottages. Between the expanse of white houses in the old town, completely white, the bell towers of many churches, including the Church of the Blessed Virgin, the Holy Spirit, St. Nicholas, St. Rocco and the Madonna della Catena. Inside the Church of Santa Maria della Greca there is a Renaissance polyptych called the Madonna delle Rose and the sculptural group of St. George on horseback. The wine road that crosses the Itria Valley also touches Locorotondo, home to an excellent white wine Doc.